The BEGINNERS English course is intended for beginners: people who have never studied English before or who have a basic idea but also great uncertainty about their knowledge.
When you finish this level you will be able to feel more confident when having daily conversations, by improving your grammar skills, increasing your vocabulary and especially practising from the very first moment!
It consists of 24 units (approximately 72 study hours) and allows you to learn a total of 1,172 words. You will study basic expressions, numbers and letters, the verb “to be” and you will start forming questions.
This level corresponds to the A1 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
You will study in a fun and easy way the following grammatical structures and communicative functions:
- Personal pronouns and the verb to be
- To be in negative sentences, questions and answers
- Contractions with the verb to be
- Articles and plurals in English
- Good morning, … Mr, Mrs, …
- How to greet people in English
- The English alphabet and spelling
- Numbers in English
- How to tell the time in English
- Days, months, ordinal numbers and dates in English
- How to speak on the phone in English
- How to ask for confirmation with the verb to be
- Classifying verbs in English
- Simple Present
- The verb to do as an auxiliary
- Adverbs of frequency in English
- To like
- Questions with what and which
- Questions with how and what…like
- Questions with who, where
- In, at, on as prepositions of place
- Questions with why, when
- In, at, on as prepositions of time
- How to ask for confirmation with the verb to do