Course. English Levels. Intermediate
The INTERMEDIATE English course is intended for people who already have some experience in English.
When you finish this level you will be capable of describing situations and events, writing texts and coping with coherent language. You will know how to describe aspects of your past and your environment and communicate quite confidently.
You will find 24 units (approximately 101 study hours) and you will learn a total of 634 new words. You will be able to express yourself correctly in past and conditional forms.
This level corresponds to the B1 level of The Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
You will study in a fun and easy way the following grammatical structures and communicative functions:
- Modal verbs in English
- Can: questions, requests and asking for permission
- Formal requests – Could you …?, May I …?
- Requests and questions with modal verbs in English
- Must and to have to
- Questions with must and to have to
- Negative sentences with must, should, …
- The conditional with the present
- The conditional with the future
- Substitutes for will – can, must, may, might
- Substitutes for if – unless, in case, …
- The Simple Past of to be in the affirmative
- The Simple Past of to be in the negative
- The Simple Past of to be in questions and answers
- The Simple Past of there is – there are
- Regular verbs in English
- The Simple Past of regular verbs
- Irregular verbs in English
- The Simple Past of irregular verb
- The Simple Past in negative sentences and questions
- The Simple Past of the verb can
- The Simple Past of the verb to have to
- How to ask for confirmation in the past in English