Esercizi con i modal verbs
Impara e migliora il tuo livello di inglese facendo esercizi con i modal verbs. Identificali e conosci il loro significato affinché sia più facile il loro utilizzo. Con ABA English imparerai i verbi modali usati nella lingua inglese.
Esercizi con i Modal Verbs
I verbi modali sono verbi irregolari molto usati nella lingua inglese. Richiedono un’attenzione speciale perché hanno la capacità di cambiare il significato di una frase avendo significati diversi in base a ciò che si desidera esprimere.
Di seguito condividiamo esercizi sui verbi modali in modo che tu possa praticarli.
Svolgi esercizi con i verbi modali in inglese
Di seguito, troverai una lista di esercizi sui verbi modali con le soluzioni:
Usa il verbo modale appropriato per il significato della frase.
- He (go) to college if he wants to become an engineer.
- You (take) a water bottle. It’s going to be hot today.
- The speech is about to start. They (be) silent.
- She (read) the label before buying it.
- It’s too cold. You (wear) a coat.
- The team players (finish) their homework before going to the gym.
- You (not play) on your phone so much. Your neck will start to hurt.
Completa gli spazi vuoti con il verbo modale che corrisponde a quanto indicato tra parentesi.
- He___ stop smoking. (should / would) (obbligo)
- She ___obey her parents. (wouldn’t / shouldn’t / couldn’t) (rifiuto)
- They___ change themselves to please others. (need not / do not need) (mancanza d’obbligo)
- People___ listen more to their conscience. (should / would / might) (obbligo)
- He___be back from his trip already. (might / can / shall) (poca possibilità)
- We___ not fix the issue. (could / might / should) (incapacità)
- The drug’s effect ___ go away soon. (may / should / would) (possibilità)
- Should go.
- should take.
- Must be.
- Should read.
- Should wear.
- Must finish.
- Shouldn’t play.
- should stop.
- wouldn’t obey.
- need not change.
- should listen.
- might be.
- could not fix.
- may go away.
Un altro esercizio sui verbi modali
- The project is called? You ____ be serious! I thought we had a deal!
A. don’t have to be
B. can’t be
C. mustn’t be
2. ____ you cook?
A. Are you able to
3. Entrance to the exhibition was free. They ____ pay to get in.
B. didn’t need to
4. ___ I go upstairs, please?
- I’m afraid I_____ join you this evening. I’ve got an important meeting later today.
C. would not be able to
6. You ____ eat so much candy. It’s not good for your teeth.
A. don’t have to
- She doesn’t like _____ get up early on a Saturday.
A. being able to
B. being allowed to
C. having to
8. If you keep on training so hard, you ____ beat him sooner than later!
C. will be able to
9. You ____ forget to take a water bottle with you. The day is going to be very hot!
A. don’t have to
10. Give him a call. He_____ home by now.
A. has to be
B. must be
C. would be
11. I was working on the tablet an hour ago. It ____ be just around here.