- Job Vacancy: This is the position itself, the vacancy offered by the company.
- CV / Résumé: The CV (from Curriculum Vitae) or resumé should present your personal data and work history (especially that which is relevant for the position) neatly and completely, without errors in either spelling or typing..
- Application Form: An application form is sometimes used to replace the CV and usually asks for information about your work history as well as for the answers to some questions related to the position being applied to.
- Cover Letter: It is always a good idea to send a cover letter with your CV in which you briefly tell the company about your reasons for applying to that job as well as the skills that make you a good candidate. .
- Phone Interview : A Phone Interview is the step prior to a face-to-face interview. If, at that moment, you cannot speak without interruptions, ask if you can reschedule for a better time.
- Face-to-face Interview : For the face-to-face interview. arrive punctually and pay attention to your appearance (clothing, hair, posture) since this will say a lot about you as a candidate.
- Second Face-to-Face Interview : This takes place after the first interview has been completed and the person who could be your superior may be in attendance. The second face-to-face interview is given to a very small group of candidates, so try your best to excel.
- Skype Interview : A Skype interview usually occurs when the company is not in the same location as you, or when the job is a freelance position. This type of interview requires a video call, which implies that the person interviewing you will see both you and the place you are calling from. Pay attention to the details in both cases. Make sure that you have a good internet connection and that you will be free from interruptions during the interview.
How to Talk About Work
- Skills: It is always good to highlight the skills that one has to perform the job offered.
- Goals: What are your professional goals?
- Salary: Just as in the interview they will give you information about the salary the position offers, they could also ask you what your expected salary is.
- Hobbies: Companies are increasingly interested in the hobbies of their employees. What you like to do in your free time says a lot about you.
- To Apply for a Job: to request an interview for a position at a company
- To Hire Someone: to give someone a job.
What Could Be Asked in the Interview?
Do you know about our company, ABA English?
Why are you interested in this job?
Could you tell us about a difficult situation you have had to overcome at work?
Can you tell us about your professional strengths?
I am punctual, am very good at teamwork, and have great problem solving skills.
Can you tell us about your professional weaknesses?
I can be quite shy when I meet new people. I like to be in control and can be a little impatient.
How to ask questions in English
Furthermore, keep in mind that you must be punctual, It is always a good idea to calculate in advance the time you will need to get to the interview a few minutes early and wait before entering. That way you can avoid having to explain why you are late before you have even been hired. Be kind and respectful towards those who are interviewing you as well as those who receive you when you arrive for the interview. No one wants to add a person with a bad attitude to their team. .
As for you, are you ready to interview for a job in English? If you still feel like you need a little more help to perfect your English knowledge and your conversation skills, at ABA English we have the perfect solution for you. Our course is divided into six levels that will take you from a beginner to an advanced speaker who can handle any situation from everyday life, including in the workplace. Through our ABA Films, you can learn to speak English in different contexts and situations, including job interviews. What are you waiting for? Expand your job possibilities by learning English with ABA English!
144 ABA FILMS
Short films that help students dive into the language through real life situations
144 video classes
Our native teachers make grammar comprehensible and useful
Activities designed by our teachers to help students reach their maximum potential
6 certified levels
Boost your career with ABA English Certifications and Cambridge Official Examinations
Communicate with your teacher
Ask, write, describe… Your personal teacher will guide you along the way.
14 day guarantee
If you are not completely satisfied with our course, you can unsubscribe and get a full refund during the first 14 days