In compliance with Law 34/2002 on Information Society Services and Electronic Commerce (LSSICE), the following are general facts on this website. ABAEnglish.com is an Internet domain and registered trademark owned by ENGLISH WORLDWIDE, S.L., with fiscal nº B-64.401.482, and registered in the Barcelona Company Registry (T. 39235, F. 216, Secc. Gral, Hoja/Dup B-342505, subscribed on the company address: c/ Aribau, 240 – 7º – 08006 Barcelona (email@example.com).
ENGLISH WORLDWIDE, S.L., from now on ABA English, has for many years been adhered to the key codes of ethic of the e-commerce industry, specifically to the principles promoted by the Spanish Electronic Commerce Association. The use of the services offered on the ABA English website implies you expressly agree to the following general terms:
General terms of service between ABA English and the user:
- The user declares to be over 18 years old and legally able to contract ABA English services; he/she also accepts this is a binding agreement, and understands and agrees to all the terms listed here for using this website and contracting offered services.
- When you register in ABA English you will have a username and password chosen by yourself which will later be sent to you by email. ABA English is not responsible for misuse of passwords that you may incur in as a registered user. It is the user’s responsibility to properly manage the usernames and passwords provided to access as a registered user.
- 3.1 The online course, under any of the different subscription options available, will be automatically renewed for the same subscription period chosen during registration until a formal cancellation is communicated.
- 3.2 Before activating the subscription for online courses, ABA English provides you, through its website, with access to the applicable general and particular contracting terms and conditions in relation to each course in each case, so that they may be consulted, filed and/or printed.
ABA English also informs you of the following, prior to signing up for online courses:
- Full price, with reference to the applicable taxes included, as well as the currency, postage and carriage charges and where applicable, any increases or discounts and additional costs for accessory services, financing, use of different payment methods or other similar payment conditions.
- Term of validity of the offer, in the case of a promotional offer.
- Terms, conditions and payment methods, including, where relevant, credit options, as well as the existence and conditions, where relevant, of deposits or other financial guarantees that the consumer must pay or provide.
- The different formats for the delivery or execution that may exist of the products or services contracted, as well as, where applicable, possible restrictions and/or the date on which the offeror undertakes to deliver the goods or execute the provision.
- Duration of the contract, or if it is of an indeterminate duration or extended automatically, the conditions for its termination. Basic characteristics that permit the identification of the goods or services and, where relevant, the necessary conditions for their use in the manner suitable to the support used and the goods and services.
- Existence or not of the right to withdraw, indication of the conditions and costs for its execution, model of withdrawal form, as well as that of the rights for cancellation or changes to the corresponding product or service. When due to the nature of the goods they cannot be returned by post, the cost of their return must be detailed.
- Guarantees applicable to the acquisition of the product or service, including a reminder regarding the legal guarantee of conformity for the goods and the conditions of the after-sales services.
- Place and manner of submitting possible complaints and where applicable, the offeror’s system for processing complaints, including access to the extrajudicial dispute resolution system and to the codes of conduct to which the offeror is adhered.
- Name, corporate name, telephone number, fax number, contact email address and address of the offeror and, where applicable, the name, corporate name and address of the trader on whose behalf it is acting.
- Language or languages in which the contract may be executed, when not the language used in the information prior to entering into the contract.
- Where relevant, the functionality of the content supplied in digital format, including the applicable technical protective measures.
- Where relevant, all interoperability relating to the digital content with devices and programs known by the offeror or of which it may reasonably be expected that this may have knowledge.
- All content, brands, logos, drawings etc. presented on the ABA English web page are protected by intellectual and industrial property rights which are expressly reserved by ABA English or, as the case may be, by the persons or companies who created them or hold the rights. Violation of these rights will be prosecuted in accordance with current legislation. Therefore, it is forbidden to copy, market, alter, distribute or publicly communicate by any means or manners the entire contents of the ABA English web page for any other purpose beyond the users’ legitimate need for information or hiring the services. In all cases, prior written permission by ABA English will be necessary.
- These General Terms and Conditions are governed by Spanish law. For the resolution of any conflicts the parties expressly agree to submit themselves to the courts corresponding to the address of the user and renounce any other jurisdiction they may be entitled.
As an entity adhered to Confianza Online and under the terms of its Code of Ethics, in the case of any dispute relating to the contracting and online advertising, data protection and protection of minors, the user may recur to the extrajudicial dispute resolution system of Confianza Online (www.confianzaonline.es).
- ABA English reserves the right to make any necessary changes to these general terms. Such modifications will be published and highlighted on ABA English’s web page.
- Data sent or received by the user through the ABA English web page, or information relayed by the latter, are protected by the most advanced online security measures. Likewise, data supplied and filed in our database are protected by security systems that impede the access of non-authorized third parties. ABA English strives to keep systems updated to ensure the efficacy of such security measures.
- The links or connections to other WEB pages appearing on ABA English pages are provided for the user’s convenience only, and ABA English declines responsibility for products, services or contents offered or supplied in other dominion pages
- Guarantees, complaints and returns: in the case of a defective product, ABA English shall repair, replace, reduce the price, or terminate the contract, as applicable, all of which shall incur no charge for the consumer or the user. ABA English shall be liable for any lack of conformity arising within a period of two years after delivery. The consumer and user must inform the seller of the lack of conformity within a period of two months after becoming aware of said lack of conformity.
Any complaint must be addressed to:
ENGLISH WORLDWIDE, S.L. (hereinafter, ABA English) Address: Calle Aribau, 240 – 7º , Barcelona (Spain) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Should any clause in these general terms declared totally or partially null and ineffective, such nullity and ineffectiveness will only affect the provision in question or the part that is null or ineffective, while the remaining parts will be upheld.
PARTICULAR CONDITIONS FOR CONTRACTING ONLINE SERVICES
These Particular Conditions for the Services of ABA ENGLISH detail the terms and conditions that govern the contracting, by the user, of our services (online English courses) (hereinafter, “Services”), and must be accepted by the users of this website (hereinafter, “Users”) wishing to make use thereof.
Anything not covered by these Particular Conditions for Contracting the Services of ABA ENGLISH shall be governed by the General Terms and Conditions which may be viewed via the following link: General Terms and Conditions
The ABA Free Account is free of charge, whereas the Premium Account has a monthly cost for the User.
The price detailed for each product on the website is the current price when the user accesses the website, including any taxes and delivery costs. VAT will be applied at the corresponding rate as established by the legislation in force. Where applicable, ABA ENGLISH will specify the delivery costs prior to any payment being made by the User. As these are online services, no materials will be dispatched in physical format; therefore, there will be no delivery costs. ABA ENGLISH reserves the right to unilaterally change at any time, without prior notification, the prices of the products offered on the website if such modification does not affect the orders previously made by the User for which ABA ENGLISH has already issued the User with the corresponding “Order Confirmation”. ABA ENGLISH will not be obliged to supply any product at an incorrect lower price (even after receipt of the “Purchase Confirmation”) if the error in the price is obvious, evident or unambiguous or constitutes a substantive error and would have been reasonably recognised by the User.
- Terms, conditions and payment methods
ABA ENGLISH offers its Users the option to pay for purchases made though the online store or the subscription using Visa or MasterCard cards or any other cards available at any time. The User simply enters the details of the card to be used on the “Payment Information” tab during the purchase process. These details will not be stored by ABA ENGLISH.
Depending on whether the User has taken out a subscription with ABA ENGLISH or has extended their subscription by additional 12 months through our online store, ABA ENGLISH will charge the amount at different times:
- Subscription to ABA ENGLISH
- Given the periodic nature of the subscription to ABA ENGLISH, ABA ENGLISH will charge the first payment for the period of time contracted on the same day as the purchase of the initial subscription to the credit or debit card details entered or selected by the User during the subscription process upon its completion. Subsequent payments will be made in the following manner:
- If the user has chosen a monthly subscription, subsequent payments will be made on a monthly basis to the debit or credit card account for which the user submitted details or selected during the subscription process. The payments will be made on the same day of the month as the initial purchase.
- The user has chosen a six-monthly, yearly or two-year subscription, subsequent periodical payments, depending on the subscription type, will be made to the debit or credit card account for which the user submitted details or selected during the subscription process. The payments will be made every six months, year or two years, on the same day of the month as the initial purchase.
- Delivery or execution formats
Given that all ABA ENGLISH courses are provided online, the delivery or execution format thereof will always be electronically, via the online platform or the ABA ENGLISH App.
Once the User has paid the Premium subscription, he/she will have unlimited access to the content included in the Premium version.
- Duration of the services and right to withdrawal
The ABA Free Account is free and of unlimited duration, and its subscription may be cancelled at any time.
The Premium Account has a duration of one month, six months, one year or two years and is renewable for equal periods.
By entering into a contract for the provision of online services, the User will be able to exercise his/her right of withdrawal during the first 14 days after the activation of the subscription, by sending a request through the Help Center.
The user will be able to cancel the renewal of the subscription up to 5 days prior to the due date, by sending a request through the Help Center.
Due to the nature of our services (online English courses), the user is informed of the loss of this right to withdrawal when the download has commenced with his/her express consent, as this is immediately downloadable and/or reproducible digital content for permanent use.
Once the User has informed of his/her wish to withdraw from the contract within the stipulated period, the User shall cease to be a Premium User and will become a User of the ABA Free account.
- Guarantees, complaints and returns
In the case of a defective product, ABA ENGLISH shall repair, replace, reduce the price, or terminate the contract, as applicable, all of which shall incur no charge for the User. ABA ENGLISH shall be liable for any lack of conformity arising within a period of two years after delivery. The consumer and user must inform ABA ENGLISH regarding the lack of conformity within a period of two months after becoming aware of said lack of conformity.
Any complaint must be addressed to:
ENGLISH WORLDWIDE, S.L. (ABA ENGLISH) Address: Calle Aribau, 240 – 7º , Barcelona (Spain) Email: email@example.com
- Code of Ethics of CONFIANZA ONLINE
As an entity adhered to CONFIANZA ONLINE and under the terms of its Code of Ethics, in the case of any dispute relating to the contracting and online advertising, data protection and protection of minors, the User may recur to the extrajudicial dispute resolution system of CONFIANZA ONLINE (www.confianzaonline.es).
- Languages in which the contract may be formalised
The contract between ABA ENGLISH and the User may be entered into in Spanish, English, Italian, French, Portuguese, German and Russian, when none of these is the language used in the information prior to entering into the contract.
- Premium and Free Services
The Premium Services with a duration of one month, six months, one year or two years, renewable for equal periods, as established in section d) above, include 144 units of the English language distributed among all the available levels. Access to a native teacher for resolving queries; and unlimited access to the Premium course through the mobile app.
The Free Services, of an unlimited duration as established in section d) above, include access to the first unit of each level and to all the available grammar video classes.